Sunday, August 24, 2014

Personal Best

Not long ago i started telling people i have a twelve minute mile. True i had a fabulous day in my new found "running" addiction but seems that was a PR. In Marathon circles it stands for personal record. Apparently i confused a good day with my average time. I have not been able to post a twelve since.
I think i might be closer to fifteen. One of the problems is my track is actually a 1.4 mile loop. I just round down the .4 and say its a mile. Maybe i should buy a watch with all the bells and whistles but i dont really care for gadgets i have to study just to learn how to set and store information. Hobbies are supposed to be fun not torture. The sport is already costing me a fortune,guess an old fashion stop watch will do for now. It would eliminate me being bummed out over time but won't solve the greater problem of distance.
With one week left in this month Im going to have to get real serious about keep track of my pace though. Contrary to what people think running a 5k is competitive. Since most don't offer medals  everyone's out to place in their age group if not flat out win. Slow or not, I would rather not have the old fogies in my age group beating me, lol.
So as i make the transition into frequent race runner, PR's will remain goals to surpass not set in stone times. If all else fails I'll just look around and if the person next to me looks even close to my age this sister is speeding up!

No comments:

Post a Comment