Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back online!

It has been a minute since I had the chance to post anything and I sure missed this place. Long story short the cord to my laptop zapped out and I was not about to pay 100.00 for another one. I learned the nice service agreement that I took out from best buy expired a month ago, figures right, and then missed radio shacks sale if you can call 79 dollars a bargain by a week. A friend told me she snagged hers off eBay for ten bucks but I never have that kind of luck, so my pockets will become 90 plus tax lighter i guess.
Anyway the good news is I'm still active and have hit about ten state parks since I last posted. Spent labor day meeting some Brazilians and having a little BBQ. Well my moms did anyway I'm vegetarian and stuck to the game plan. This was hard because for years the first weekend in September meant I threw down with some ribs and watched the best of college and pro football games. Hey but I'm not going to say I didn't have fun,the day was gorgeous after rain forever and I did get to jog the beach. The next week I left the county parks and headed into the woods for some hiking nothing big just a few miles down a couple of trails getting the heck bitten out of me.
So for now I have concluded I can't go it alone. I'm bored and I need to pick up the pace when it comes to running. On another blog someone referred to running with a sweeper well I could use one of them and a few trekking friends to boots. I'm not sure how I will resolve this problem but hopefully it will happen soon. There is a 5k coming up I will be entering and while it may not be much for seasoned runners I'm excited because it's my first challenge ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment