Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Yes it's been awhile

Its been a while since i was last here. For some reason  returned to read old post and wondered why i stopped making an effort to run. Okay I know the reasons and as many as there were none seem to be worthy excuses now. I will say this in the time that I stopped organizations like girltrek and black girls run have come along and inspired millions.
So now that fitness in communities of color have been out on the front pages I get better responses from everyone I tell about my triathlon goals. They have change a bit since I started as I have been focusing on road racing this year. Unfortunately for me since I slacked off and gained weight I'm walking again. I'm not having a heart attack trying to hold on to the idea I used to run five miles before and after work and think nothing of it.This month I have been logging about ten miles a week in the florida heat and slowly I'm building the stamina to reach a my goal of actually running a 5k. Sure it's three miles but I'm one hundred pounds over weight and it will be a long process to work my way down.
One thing I know for sure is more women and families need to be out here with me. I want to encourage you all to start your own walking/running groups or find one in your area .If that's to much than I'm claiming all you stragglers. Get on your treadmills at home and walk with me I'm hosting a years worth of virtual walks. I'll be the sweeper and pull you along on the journey as nothing beats walking buddies. This is what my mind body and spirit has been calling for me to so get ready I'm taking y'all all with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment