Sunday, December 21, 2014

walkb4urun

I was unable to register for bgr walkb4urun at the begining of my race season because the event sold out earlier in the year. Lucky for me the end of the year made for a better time to complete it.
I would be less than honest if i said i followed the program too. I downloaded it and never looked its way again. I had already finished eighteen races and had my own routine going. So instead i simply kept my walking schedule and realized a day before the 20th that i had this event.What's a woman to do when she's busy. Well i put on the pedometer and used it while hitting the outlets.
Yes i did, the mega shopping complex with parking a mile away proved to be the perfect place to mow down 3.1 .  I don't enjoy or like shopping but this year Im so blessed to still have my mom it was worth it,plus trudging through shoe stores while completing a 5k seemed fitting.
It certainly was a good plan of action. I pulled off a little more than three miles, found the shoes mom had been asking for since summer and finished Christmas and Kwaanza shopping all in one trip. I have to say it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment