Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 5k

It's Monday memorial day to be exact and 6:58 as i write. I wanted to sign up for a local race but mom is sick. She won't say what only that she just feels bad but we've been battling an assortment of ailments  for sometime now. Every setback in her health draws her closer to the brink. To say I 'm concerned is an understatement.
I ve decided i won't go run, i have a headache and a heartache. Racing has saved me from dispare yet i struggle to overcome guilt and the need to do some selfish things for myself. So I will go out today because i have to. God is in control of the situation and i need to just accept that fact. Today i will walk not for any other reason than deep down i know mom would want me to.
UPDATE
Yes i did take a walk that honored those that gave all at the local veterns museum. I walked the grounds, toured the memorial gardens, strolled down the boardwalk and enjoyed a lovely water view then called it a day.
I wanted to do a 5k but it was way to hot. This walker can't wait to hit the asphalt and chase some bling.
#3.1,6.2,13.1

No comments:

Post a Comment