Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm Back !

New directions are a good thing and that is exactly what I have decided
to do at this stage of the game.Late last year I searched the Internet for groups to join for both cycling and running. Lucky for me I found a group that has a little of both located in the town I moved to. Unfortunately it was a cold winter here and I did nothing but lurk until the cold freeze broke.
So last month I pulled my old mountain bike out of storage and replaced the small race type seat with a much larger "big gal" gel cushion version. What a relief, I might not be the fastest but I will be training on old betsy until I have reached a fitness level. I then broke out my hiking shoes so I could wear them in on some new trails I have discovered. My search continues for a good pair of running shoes though.I also started walking a bit and it has made me see what i need to do when putting together a fitness plan. Oh but most importantly I actually showed up for a group run. Okay they ran I walked but I felt really good about just making the effort. Next up is setting that schedule for April and setting up some realistic goals for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment