Monday, March 29, 2010

GirlTrek Florida Style

Last year when i decided to start training for triathlons I came across the girltrek web site. I wanted to make the commitment and join but life got in the way and I stopped training. This year as I celebrate a time of change and renew my resolve to become active again I took the plunge and signed up. I have found a running group but am open to walking with my sister walkers around Florida. I not only want us to walk in groups and as individuals but also in a girltrek show of force. If women of color see each other out there walking there is no telling what change we can make in our communities. So here is my very public pledge, I'm going walking around the state and I want you to join me. Stay tuned for details as I change direction to bring along some sister friends with me on my journey to fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment