Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Positive thoughts

Last week the battery in my car died, talk about poetic justice in a large way.

I was not going to walk because I had way to much on my plate. Of course the day after this terrible thought my car would not start and a neighbor had to give me a jump. One week and more exercise than I expected (riding my bike)has lead to an amazing discovery about myself.

I'm stronger mentally than I believed myself to be thanks to logging over 100 miles on my bike. I could have stayed home and run the treadmill but I needed to get out and take care of things so off I went. My walking schedule decreased but my fitness level increased and that's exactly what I needed. I learned a lesson about wishing something on myself too. Never let negative thoughts ruin your path to a better road. I decided I didn't want to put in the work and the lord showed me a better way despite my own sabotage.

No comments:

Post a Comment