Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blue Crab Festival

I have to admit something terrible this week, I'm gaining weight. I'm not talking muscle either but rather FAT! I have been biking more of late than walking as the days turn to a steamy ninety degree and the rains come like monsoons. This gain is due to excessive eating of bad foods. I knew once I gave up on vegetarianism my body would rebel but I had no idea I would.
I actually only eat fish and once a month chicken now but after three years as a vegan I was not doing well. It cost big time to eat healthy and money is tight. When I could afford it I ate well and did worry about the cost of healthy items. As the economy and business became worst I have used more and (gasp) frozen and canned foods. This has taken a toll on my body. I will have to work on processed foods because over the last two years I had been making everything from scratch. It is not a long journey back though I still am able to move about but I will have to find high energy foods to make up for the hunger that is building due to my increase exercise.
On the bright side I manage to walk six miles this weekend at the Blue crab festival and I resisted the erg to buy some greasy fried sea treasure and chow down. Instead I brought some lemon water and the idea that looking as I walk will pay off later. Okay that last part is so not true because I was not going to walk at all knowing I was to attend this festival. Instead of good parking I walked a mile from my car which was parked on a bridge. After that hike I just continued the trek three times through the event and then walked the long way back up the hilly bridge. So in the end I got a workout I didn't want but needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment