Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Admit it when you need help

I have been going it alone for so long that even when I do walk I don't post here. So last night I made the decision to actively reach out to others in this community. Every day as I walk I put out the message to others to come join me but now I have made it official. A few months ago I called Vanessa of Girltrek hoping she wouldn't answer and I could leave a message. Yes I know that was bad but once you put a name to the cause you have to be accountable. I knew I would fall off the bandwagon and since even Morgan has abandoned this blog who would know right.
Well the answer is I know and realize sometimes strength comes in numbers. So last night I signed my new group up with GirlTrek after being on their list for years. I created a walkers group that is  an off shot of  the running group I belong to that welcomes all levels of athletes. I wanted my sister circle to reach out to women in my area who just want to exercise to enjoy the benefits of walking without feeling they are in training for an event. I'm giving them the option of varying schedules and locations and challenging everyone to come join me and bring some friends. As of today we are known as Team Mocha and you can bet I will be out and about signing up members in the community. I have decided to put this out on the blog to hold my own self accountable to some goals that have gone unfulfilled for to long. If I am my sisters keeper why can't I take them all along on my journey to completing a triathlon. Here's to the power of team work and understanding one must only ask when in need of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment