Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Foolish Me

Well  I have been walking through some of the most horrible heat on earth. Okay maybe not the worst but Florida seems to be stuck in a wave of ninety degree days followed by down pours that do nothing to cool us off. They call it hurricane season, I'm calling it a bump in the road on the way to a better healthier me.  
Had one set back before the July 4th weekend. I call it the concrete monster. Its two miles each way including the walking path.
Woke up one morning and decided i hadn't walked it in a few years. Yep, four to be exact. I won't even say how many pounds ago.  So off i went with a bottle of water and large Gatorade. It was so hot i used an umbrella for shade.
On the way up a very large older guy who was very polite passed me, followed by some rude bicyclist. None of the bikers  called out their presence and i almost stepped  back into ones path but somehow  i made it across unscathed.
Coming back was a bit more tricky.
I stopped to drink water and realized i was overheating. A little alarm went off in my head as i wondered if i could make it back. When i finally mustered up the strength i began to pray. Lord let me make it back. A few people passed and i continued to move but i hadn't noticed that i was now talking out loud and there was someone behind me.
God does answer prayers a runner stopped to walk with me over the bridge, bless her heart. She wanted to make sure i was alright and as we conversed i didn't really notice as we finished the assent. I bid her farwell at the top so she could finish her run. Thats when i spotted another walker doing what i should have done. The smart walker only did one half of the bridge, im sure she wasnt sick like me afterwards. I was dizzy and drained physically. My brush with near heat stroke left my body unable to walk for a week. Actually it was the memory of how bad i felt that kepte home. Lesson learned i will not over estimate my limit again but this sister is still walking strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment