Saturday, October 4, 2014

lost but now Im found

There are all kinds of programs out for a person to learn how to train for any distance race. If you add in the explosion of running and walking groups fueled mostly by baby boomers there seems to be ample avenues to trek along on ones way to enjoying the marathon and 5k life. For me there is no better way to enjoy the weekend.Participating in racing events has given new spark to my life.
Im not a run fanatic or a speed walker and I never bothered with training progeams. Instead i prefer to tailor my own regiment. It worked for walking but somewhere along my way i joined to many run groups.  I not only pushed myself to hard to have a runners time while walking i demanded it. Ive paid the price with a sore knee. Now Im back on track as i resolve to walk the rest of the season like i originally planned. My body had to remind me I walk with purpose for causes and people while obtaining better health for myself.
As i enter into the month of October I have two weeks rest then it is another 5k before i begin the training schedule for a few half marathon. I want a light holiday season because surpassing my limits would set me back and i really dont want that to happen.The number of entries i submit to end of the year races could all change. I will have to see how well my workouts progresses. One obstacle i find hard to overcome is leisure walking. It seems i either push to hard to stay on other peoples pace or walk to slow trying not to over heat. I'm making it my mission to learn the art of pacing. In the meantime I might catch up on some things i put off so i could walk it wont be easy as my heart is truly on the road. Dreaming of walking some distance somewhere. I might be experiencing withdrawls!

No comments:

Post a Comment