Sunday, June 7, 2009

Memories get in the way

There is a line in an old Gladys Knight song that says " memories get in my way", so true for me too.I used to knock off five miles in the morning before going to work and stand all day,then I would do another five miles when I got home on the treadmill at high elevation. If it was my day off I'd throw in some weight training and spinning.
Now I'm sixty pounds over the weight I was just seven years ago. Which means I struggle with the 1.5 to 2 miles I walk each day. This is not from a physical set back but a mental one. I know
I can't run yet but I try even if it nearly kills me. It's so hard for me to forget the things I used to be able to do and pace myself at the level I have fallen to now.
However I have learned to go with the flow and am incorporating other exercises in the set plan I've made for myself. Although I still day dream about the glory days of old,i now use the memories to motivate myself to keep on pushing on. As a vegetarian I have to be more careful to maintain good nutrition making out my fitness plans too.This was something I did not do years ago. So far so good and today I finally said farewell goodbye to the frustration that comes with the fact i let myself go in the first place. I have moved on for the betterment of my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment