Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Praise the Lord

My daily routine these days has been to get my miles done, write a bit and then go home and get ready for the rest of the day. Well that all went as planned until in the middle of writing i heard some music and happened to look over my shoulder. This old guy was sitting on the edge of his opened trunk playing the guitar. I listened for awhile as it became good writing music kind of a jazzy James Taylor vibe.
Well i walked over and we started talking and he was really into religion. I found out he had gone to my church but stop because he really wanted to get his musical message out and he wasn't so pleased with our Church's direction. Anyway he was quite a character who ending giving me his CD of songs and a DVD of bible passages. Okay i took them to be nice but sometimes my southern talk to strangers charm can be a trip at times. So i guess at some point i will listen to his music and i wish his endeavor well. Now as I sit here thinking about today's events I know the God in me isn't how much I pray or talk to the lord worshiping,wishing,and praising it truly is about the daily grind ,what I as a person do in this world to glorify my higher power. Today I listened and tomorrow i will start a new journey. Oh yes i will also get out of bed earlier it's summer and nearly eigthy and not even 8 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment