Monday, November 17, 2014

Octoberfest

I took the folks at jost running up on an invitation to try their new website and order a medal. I figured I'm not big on holloween so octoberfest would be a nice theme and their homage to the fall tradition was a good looking bottle opener. Now i dont like beer but I'm down for some sauerkraut and pork.
So i decided to hit the pavement and maybe get into the german theme. I knew it would be hard squeezing in a walk but there are a few microbrewers that have opened up in the area and I could plan a walk near one of them.
Nope didn't happen that way, my mother was complaining about not feeling well so i stayed close to home not wanting to leave her alone long.
I brought new Brooks at my last race and decided this was the event to break them in. So i hopped on the jost running site to choose my distance i figured a good 5k would work. Signing up was no problem but checking out was. I dont know if the system doesnt like me but its teasing me and holding my medal hostage right now. They are trying out a new beta system but its not working with my computer. I spoke Cynthia jost she said they would have a techie work on the problem.They are easy to deal with but i declare the more technical things become the more i long for pen and papers rise again. Okay maybe not but you can't fuss at a computer without feeling crazy lol.
While i waited for the glitch to be fixed I took my run anyway. My mothers sickness weighed heavily on me as i mentally prepared for the race. I wanted to improve my time and move more efficiently for three consistent miles. To get in the mood I actually did fix pork shoulder no kraut because its been to hot here for heavy food. Okay it was just a fluke i fixed pork that day but i did fit the theme. Then i headed out the door.
I felt really cute in my new blue brooks but i have had better fitting shoes considering their high price. The first leg of my walk i just chilled i was only cruising to the local shopping center to get groceries. I had on a matching blue backpack but i had no intentions on buying much. Mainly wanted produce as i gave up eatting to all process foods at least ninety percent anyway.
I was surprised when the trip to the store took less than three miles in fact it was disappointed. The distance always seemed a lot farther while strolling in the sun. I should have driven to the store to check the miles before starting out. Hey as the saying goes it is what it is. If the pedometer had of read 3.1 i would have been done instead i had to continue on. Now i know its corny but since i needed more miles i detoured to the publix liquor store to see if there were any holiday beers. In a running group Im in someone mentioned a chocolate peanut butter flavor,eww. No such luck finding my own strange discovery but i looked down to see that somewhere along the line i was over three.
I picked up some produce on the grocery side and began the walk back home. I tried to take the long way even circle the parking lot to make sure i hit the six mile mark but my pedometer was not quit reading six when i got home.
I should have been happy considering it started out as an 5k but having my steps stuck on 5 point something erked me. I had to circle around until i hit six.
The best part of the trip was the walk gave me reprive from my usaul state of worry but i hadn't been able to post about it until now. Octoberfest wasnt festive for me but i finished a committment i made to myself and yes im proud of that.
I don't know if i will get this medal but i made the run and that counts the most. Hopefully jost will fix their glitch and i will keep yall posted on its receipt. Im looking forward to putting it in my display.

No comments:

Post a Comment