Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year the story continues

I started off the year with a 5k on my favorite loop route. Circular courses usaully drive me crazy but this loop always has plenty of interesting distractions to keep me amused. I'm not saying that i have not gotten bored with it at times but i tend to like the convenient location and the fact it doubles as a trail.
The morning of January 1st was sunny with a temperature of about 70. We had torrential rains the night before and there was still s dampness in the air. In fact it smelled a bit swampy as i made my way around the route avoiding large puddles. I had originally  planned on doing a solar bear run on the beachside but i woke up Thursday morning and decided against it. I knew the new years resolution people would be out and i wasnt in the mood for crowds.plus my knee is still bothering me and the stress of running the long causeway to the beach with that kind of crowd didn't seem very appealing. I wanted a walk to gather my thoughts on what i wanted to accomplish in the second phase of my race season. Working on my speed is the obvious one but there are many more things I'd like to do in 2015 that will require a considerable amount of training. So I'm putting new goals on my table. These are simply things that have begun to weigh on my heart as the races start to pile up in the finished pile.
I plan to fulfill a few of these bucket list desires starting with the one at the top of the page. Yes i need to get my triathlon off the vision board and accomplished this year.  I did learn recently that i am training for a sprint not a full and so at least i won't embarrass myself saying i did a tri and having people think i finished an iron man! Especially since I have never done a full marathon and its certainly not on the to do list this season.
Second i need a road trip maybe a destination race, haven't decided but it would be nice. Also want to win my age group at leaat once that may be a more difficult task yet not totally off the doable scale. Im saving my biggest dream just for me but its a crazy one, my whole walk i was thinking about it.
All that thinking got me two miles, drats i was not happy, i wanted the third mile done. I have become bored with 5ks and frankly think i might have to do less of them this year.
However i got it done and already had my medal. I quick check of my mailbox had a bulky delivery tucked inside. It was my new years eve and new years medal from brazen. I thought i signed up for remote but found out i didn't so i contacted the organizers who then sent out both and the double bonus together. It was pretty cool  that i picked up the package new years day. Although i must say i thought that last years medal was what i was getting. It had a cool Pegasus on it. Imagine my shock to find maybe the worst looking medals ever. Yes they were a nice size (guess size doesnt matter if it aint bumpin) but the bonus wasnt big or intereseting. New lesson for me look hard at the year on medals pictured. The ones i saw were previous years and they were awesome. This years, ekk not so much but i like the brazen team i will run another of their events but i have to see the medal first. Now i need to find more January races, the show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment