Sunday, January 18, 2015

Took a hike

I woke up friday morning and the thought of doing five miles didn't thrill me. I have not ramped up my training for the new year yet and i am feeling the effects.
I signed up for this Clearwater race so long ago i forgot about it. So i made sure to leave the house early for the Tampa area to get my walk on.
I took on this race as a virtual but if i had known i would actually be in the area i would have gone in person. Instead i walked the fairgrounds were i was attending a show. It was not the most beautiful walk but served its purpose.
I did three miles of nice paved path, got in a few stairs but not many. I tend to avoid those like the plague. I had intended to pass the miniature Vietnam wall exhibit on display too but i forgot about it there were to many distractions.
The main culprits were food booths. Im talking cheesesteak subs, hot dogs  (i don't even eat beef anymore) , fried onions and peppers, loaded frys with bacon and deep fried chicken on a stick. Now i only had a bottle of water so all the wonderful  aromatic smells were killings me. I didn't really want any as i gave up eatting that way but it smelled so good it brought back memories. Thats why i decided to finish the course in the vast parking area. There were no distractions out there just dry campets and an occassional shuttle.
The last two miles had me circling  on a half grass,dirt and tar area around the exihibition halls of the fairgrounds. My feet were tired and it was a less than exciting way to eat a five miler but i got it done. Multitasking is an useful art Im so glad i haven't let a little thing like business get in the way of my race routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment