Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hope for Brevard

I woke up tired and trust me going out for a run/walk was the last thing i wanted to do. Not long after debating with myself about if i should just let "race day" slide and do the 5k Monday i developed a headache. That was the last straw. I got up showered and ate some fruit. Of course the negative forces weren't done with me yet, as i was walking down the hall to my living room my knee buckled. Ouch that was the good knee come on not another bad sign. Distractions be damned i made my way out the door.
It's hard to stay motivated during training but i have been kept on track by finding worthy causes to run for. Today my mission was to spread light on the need to find loving homes for the many four legged members of our community. There are so many dogs and cats that need and deserve good homes. I made sure to tell the volunteers at Brevards pawsitive hope thrift shop i was walking in their honor this wekend. While in the store i noticed one of the volunteers had a hansome foster named pretty boy with her. He is the cutie in the picture ready to go home with someone. Sadly some people have the nerve to impulse "buy" this poor animals. They end up being returned as if they were the wrong sized clothes.
So i walked and spot ran my heart out for four miles to help my fur friends. Yes i know a 5k is 3.1 but my route today was all about finding the shade. I took the long way and actually enjoyed myself. To be honest moving didn't make me feel less drained my mile split was 15 minutes three off my best time. I felt like i was going in slow motion and could do nothing to speed up. I didn't lack energy my drive just was flat.
I felt happy to be on the road at least. It takes strength to conquer your own lack if motivation. Today i just said i will not give in to anything negative, no excuses!
I made it,that knee is fine, the headache has gone away and the drag in my step has turned to a spring. I'm loving this virtual game day, its keeping me going when i try to make excuses not to. I also hope someone will see pretty boy and save him too. I have never been a cat person but he is a really cool cat. Call the shop for more information. Hope for brevard is a non profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment