Thursday, August 7, 2014

One month

I started this post early in August as a count down to a journey into the world of 5k runs. My plan was to find a good work out schedule to help this old body of mine prepare for a years worth of events. Mother nature has not been cooperating with me on this.
Since the begining of summer the heat index has been deadly and a host of daily rain storms in the afternoon have been accompanied by lighting . The only other option afforded me was to buy a treadmill or hit the pavement as the sun rises . I have choosen take on a series of morning walks.
That is the only exercise i plan to do. Challenging myself to move is a major step in my fitness plan
Some days i work or speed, other days it's time. I have to admit mostly the victory is that i just made it out to walk.
I know i need a buddy to help me improve but after joining  four different groups Im still grinding it out alone. I will say my between walk sprints are getting better though.
The other bright side is that I'm lucky to be in Florida where the fall and winter months are considered our peak marathon season. That means i have only three weeks to ready myself for the first date on the 5k calendar. Let the games begin I am so looking forward to the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment