Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stepping Out

Who ever said life was easy like Sunday morning didnt have to walk in the heat that August brings to the south.
Thankfully i found some shade by trekking through a neighborhood route with plenty of trees. I also ran between sunny spots to the shade. lol, just trying to do whatever it takes to get that training in.
This week I will be working on time more so than distance. There are a few races that are not into giving bling and I'd like to at least try and get an award. My attitide about most races is to heck with other runners when we all get a medal. However if the only thing i receive for participation is a t shirt I am willing to speed it up to get a prize. Okay that's a fantasy, the tortoise could beat me in a race. Still i have to admit that at least the desire to compete is there.
Also is it wrong to say I'm bored with challenging myself. A new target to focus on would be great for me. This week i think I'll invite folks from local run groups to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment