Friday, August 1, 2014

Good miles

Yesterday i logged seven miles and it felt great. Well maybe not that thrilling but very comforting to my soul.
The walk started out smooth no body aches at all, after about a mile i got busy and ran a bit. Actually it was the slowest run you'll ever see but i was moving quicker than a fast walker. I'm  now able to run about a fourth of every mile on a good day. In the sweltering heat of this summer that has translated to a twelve minute mile. It might sound awful slow but as an overweight person trying to push myself towards running a 5k watching my time decrease is empowering me.  Little victories help to keep me moving. Now this woman is not looking to become the fastest, i just want to see what I am capable of.
Did i mention i want to have some fun too. Already my being becomes excited when i think about my walks. Its because I've been having my own little versions of personal 5ks just for motivation. I look forward to signing up for some organized 5ks in the future as well.
So today my version of Friday fire is simply to let go of what i thought i couldn't do and embrace what I  am doing in the moment. BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment