Saturday, March 7, 2015

Selma

Sometimes even when the road is clear things become a blur. I wanted to drive to Selma for the 50th anniversary of bloody Sunday and planned to do so. Life has a way of breaking my heart over and over again though. I won't be traveling to Alabama for practical reasons but worst i keep seeing all these post from people who are there. It's so exciting seeing their joy but my own reality is not so jubilant. I had my race and lodging picked out and i made sure i had enough money to cover the trip and any unexpected expenses that might crop up. What went wrong, i asked myself. Gas went up,my knees hurt,a feeling i couldn't quite put my hands on came over me. I know my mothers not well, the clock is ticking on that one. I'm totally heart broken these days and I've been reaching out to grab anything i can to ease my mind. I needed this trip but could never rest leaving her home. So I decided on a solo journey where i walk the miles and pray. Not for yesteryears but for today. The spirit of unity must rise up and fight oppression everywhere and all the time. Voting rights are important and they have to be preserved not diluted. That being the case i walked this week preparing but today my knee is killing me. I will march anyway i stand alone with a force of many. On the local front i need to be heard so I will make my way to orlando to get the ball rolling. my story this week is all about community.

No comments:

Post a Comment