Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7th Trek

I woke up stiff  this morning but put some menthol rub on my knee. This body wasn't in the mood for a walk, stroll or run  but i got dressed and went out anyway.
I decided to knock off my usaul three miles by walking to the store. Imagine my surprise to find the mileage did not pan out. So i did what anyone doing mile work does. I walked in circles around the parking lot and in the store.
I took a few pictures at my nemis dunkin donut so i could remember why i have to move and then continued to the market. Unfortunately for me the shopping center had a few eatteries to entice me. Im not a fan of pizza hut but i got a little hungry when i saw their new pizza.

Who doesnt love bacon but i just pushed on. I was planning to make a coconut cake and I needed to find some coconut flakes. I was not thrilled to discover the ones in the publix were not fresh. I don't like dried flakes they should be moist and i was not in the mood to crack a fresh one open. Its bad enough the unsweetened variety are hard to come by but to not be able to find coconut in Florida is pitiful. So after three stores and no luck i returned home empty handed. On the way i saw a lady at the stoplight that always looks out for me while walking, we had a nice chat.Thats what i love about the south we make time to speak. She didnt have to pull into a parking lot and come talk but hey it made my day. Closer to my block i noticed i needed more milage. I walked a street out of my way then up and down the block to finally get my miles. As i was finishing up i was blessed with a few droplets of h20. The light rain felt good but i was glad i made it in before the heavy rain started. I had a coconut banana rum cake to make and i didnt want a storm knocking out the power before i baked or while i was baking it. My final miles made me glad i walked, because that cake was going to do some damage to this figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment