Saturday, September 6, 2014

SWEAT WITH YOUR SOLE

I tried to register for BGRs walk before you run but it was soldout.
So the next best thing was to sign up for the sweat with your sole event. Its a big weekend for the blackgirls run organization. There's  an expo,workshops and the races of course.
There were two distances 15k and 5k. Thankfully i picked the 5k since i pushed myself to hard while training and aggravated my bad knee.
I had trouble bending it without straining so i decided to walk. I got out the hiking books to help my sagging arches and aid over compensating. They did the trick to as i have no foot problems to mention.
Oncw again I did see the same fast walking lady, this time she lapped me but didn't speak. Thank goodness i left my pride at home because everyone lapped me even a dog!
I'd say it was a good start to a busy day although hotter than i would like but then i started out late at 7:30am. One of the things that threw me was my persparation I dont usally sweat heavily but today i was pouring a watarfall. I felt my mouth dry a little and wondered if i was dehydrated. Another walker saw i was working hard and I got a word of encouragement from her.Another walker snapped the picture of my home made bib for me so yes it was a good day . I know it was lame but i really wanted to have one. This race was the first one i ever signed up for so it was supposed to be special. I looked forward to it and visualized it during training. Only i thought i would run it. I ll take this victory though after all i made sure to keep going even when i had to slow to a crawl. The knee held up and i was glad of that but it was my first of two 5ks of the day and i was concerned about the second.
The digital pedometer i brought the day before came in handy too as i was in no condition to keep track of miles. They can be off by a bit but this one was on the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment