Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 3 ENDURANCE

The hardest person you will ever have to over come in your life is you,
just think about it for a second or two.We all think we know what we are able to do but how much more are we capable of doing when pushed.I found out recently when i demanded more from myself then I expected
to ever find the strength within to pull out.
On Tuesdays I walk with a group that is a mixture of triathletes,walkers and runners. This is a big deal for me, I have been dealing with issues like motivation. Since joining this group I know that someone else knows I'm not out putting in the effort to accomplish the goal of doing a 5k and mini Marathon and that keeps me pressing on. It also is be a good thing to push my pace beyond that comfort level of a slow leisurely walk. On Tuesday that is exactly what happened to me. Some of the group showed up late and we went through quick stretches and then off we all went.
The runners and one biker headed out on their separate ways followed by three walkers. I knew I was in trouble because I'm short and the other two ladies were tall with long strides. I kept up at first but by the time I got to one of the turn around points I felt tired and void of energy. My calves started to burn, my pace slowed and I was thirsty. So when I saw the parking lot I called out to them I was done. As I walked to my car I saw a lady with a shirt that had a saying on it in fine print and one word in type large enough for me to read, it said "Quitter". I have often heard there are no coincidences. I thought about it as I retrieved the bottled water and began to walk a little to cool down. Before I even knew it i hopped back on an adjacent track and walked two loops to loosen up. I felt good and warmed up and decided to just finish what I started. So back on the path
I went alone but speaking to other walkers as I passed by. My group of runners passed me on the way up the bridge and shouted get going and I did. I passed the walkers too telling them I decided not to quit. I was feeling inspired on the return route. As I walked towards the top of the bridge something grabbed a hold of my Psyche and I made up my mind I would jog back. All the way down the hill and around the path I made my feet move in small running steps not walks. I didn't care who heard me as I said out loud to myself "keep going, keep going" repeatedly. I was moving slow but moving just the same. When I came into eye sight of the group they were saying I need to pick it up. I continued at out of shape pace but I made it! I knew in my heart I couldn't do it but I reached into my soul to overcome myself. I do it, I stomped on the wish I could do it me and exceed my goal of just finishing. My advice, just inspire yourself to do what even you sometime doubt is possible yet. The good lord has made us all stronger than we often believe ourselves to be. With God all things are possible and I certainly have been calling on him during these walks of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment