Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doing just enough Days 9-12

I spent week two resting my sore body and walking at a slow pace. I think I became over zealous and pushed two hard in the past month and it all caught up to me. I must remind myself to train wisely and for the betterment of my health.Lately I've been pushing to make it to a certain point at a particular time rather than training to build endurance. So the most important thing to me this past week was simply the fact that i did walk. I really wanted to make the trip downtown and enjoy myself on the riverfront but it was not to be. If I went shopping it was the perfect time to circle the parking lot a few times or stop at a neighborhood park instead of doing the river walk. I now know that running is not beyond my ability at this stage of my quest because I conquered that mental block last week.
What I seemed to have learned is, I'm not physically ready to run yet. My weight is still an issue and my body is telling me slow the pace down or I will make you sorry. So for now my walks remain at a steady but slow pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment