Thursday, April 8, 2010

OVER THE HUMP DAYS 3 & 4

Wednesday
I stopped at a local restaurants biker night and walk the strip mall and around the party lot. I learned we have many a outlaw biker in my area and a few you just don't want to ask any questions! My course took me less than twenty five minutes to complete which I attribute to the approach of dust and the big mosquito that tried to make me dinner. I'm right around an eleven minute mile and hoping to move up to five miles a day next week.

Thursday
I felt like a day trip so on my way back from running some errands I stopped in Green Cove. I'll admit not much to see at the springs that the city takes its name from but I did manage to walk around for awhile to check out the rest of town.
I was surprise to find a hiking trail along the way but it was to deserted for me to walk alone. I asked a sheriffs deputy how far it went and when he responded to the next town and people have gotten lost, so I decided to come back at a later date. I make a point of always letting someone know where I'm at and if anything was to have happened I would have been gator food before they found me. Oh well I now have a location to check out at a later date. One of the things I'm most enjoying about this challenge is taking in nature.The treadmill no longer appeals to me like the outdoor life. I'm also working on uploading the pictures I have been taking, now that's truly a task I'll have to become more vigilant about.

No comments:

Post a Comment