Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday get your bridge on day 7

A business trip two hours down the road from home brought me to Melbourne. One of the nice things about Florida is you can travel in any direction and you will find liquid gold. The ocean comforting and that's why if the opportunity is there I'm walking insight, around, over, or next to it. After I took care of what I was visiting for I did just that. I first drove through a park that just didn't have the right feeling, I wanted challenging then it hit me. I took 192 down to the causeway and headed for the bridge to get my cardio on. If you have ever walked a bridge you know the up side will kill you just enough to make the down hill portion feel like you have been rejuvenated.
I have taken on this monster before and it really is no match for some of the bridges I walk but it is steep. On this day I felt a change though, the area itself has been hit hard by the recession making the town feel really depressed. I walked alone but a scattering of other people could be seen walking to. Then out of know where it happened I want to call this the tea party effect. It seems people now feel they can yell and scream anything they want to because thier own lives are in the tank . I encounter so many horn honkers and one idiot who leaned out a raggedy white bronco and shouted the n work. That is brevard county for you still red neck to the core but you can find those type of morons anywhere.
It was around 4:30 pm when I started and warm ,I guess high seventies with no wind. It hasn't gotten quit as hot or humid in north Florida yet so believe me I was feeling strained as I made my way to the top. I made sure not to push but I also gave myself a decent workout added to the fact I enjoyed the view of sail boats , people fishing, and just being out and about minus encountering a knucklehead or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment