Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lucky Day13

I had planned to hit the bridges today but instead I helped my mom conquer her own get moving goal. It's amazing that only a year ago she was bed ridden and given no chance to survive a mysterious illness that has not been explained even to this day.This amazing woman got up excited to be alive and for the first time in six months left the house with me to go to the farmers market.

I made sure to park as close as I could to the entrance as moms balance is not that great. We walked arm and arm about a fourth of a mile around the parking lot before she was ready to get back to the car.On the way home we stopped to shop and she was able to make it around the grocery store without my assistance. I can't tell you the pride I felt in seeing my lifetime shero do something she hasn't been able to do in three years! I was so inspired that I walked myself today too. Mom waited in the car as I made my way around river walk . It was also the MS walk and I ran smack into the middle of them on my trek. Lots of families, coworkers and a good deal of people of color took part. My pace was slowed a bit by the size of the crowd on the route but it was wonderful just being out and about. My mother came back from deaths door today and ever day that I walk I will carry her struggle and victory with me. God is good everyday amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment